Saturday, February 6, 2010

Yet, America Continues to Function. First, because we are still free, in spite of some peoples actions, and the second, because of it.



D.C. gets dumped on by upwards to three feet of snow, paralyzing the city. Hooray for Liberty!

As D.C. begins to dig our from this global warming reminder (hey is that a Polar Bear? nah! It's just Chris Dodd) I hope that the people of the Eastern Coast of our Nation are safe from the storm, because I KNOW that our freedom is safe, at least for a short time.

In the wonderful words of Gideon J. Tuckers' "A final Accounting is the Estate of A.B."

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session."

With the Capital of the U.S. at a standstill, I can report to all that 'Indeed, the Nation survives, flourishes, and goes on it's daily business" in spite of the weather in Washington D.C..

Progressives must just be in a tizzy about the possibility of not being able to 'Govern', if that's what you call them doing, and are stupefied that America has not halted it's collective breath, waiting to hear direction from those inside the beltway.

I would cry if I weren't so distracted by more important matters. ('Finding Nemo' is on and my daughter is having too much fun. After that my sock drawer needs attention.)

Yes it's news, but has anyone heard about the Two Fort Bragg Paratroopers killed in combat in the Afghanistan on the 4th?

Didn't think so.....

I did because my best friend just called to tell me. The PFC was his cousin, and it was he that encouraged him to join. You see, My friend is also a Vet of Afghanistan.

On this info I do shed a tear, and said a prayer, for there are Men and Woman who put their lives on the line and say, 'Follow Me!' and on this note, part of America does halt it's breath, either here in the U.S., or over there.

Either way, America will continue to function. The first one because we are still free, in spite of some peoples actions, and the second, because of it. Who's side will YOU be on.

3 comments:

  1. Missouri? I'm in CA but I have relatives in Missouri. And I know some great bloggers there. If you are a staunch fiscal conservative, you will have my support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Wardell, Thank you for stopping in on my blog and for the follow. I welcome you to join in on my project, an open discussion on the Constitution, something we all are not taught after 8 grade. With that out the way...

    Thank you for your service, past and present, Enjoyed your response to the SOTUS, like your style, Sir.

    We are losing many brave young men and women defending the very rights that Washington (Mordor on the Potomic) is trying to strip away. Thay are in my heart as I kneel before rest.

    I will support and follow your continued success in your service to country. b.k. griffith (sharky)

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless their brave souls and provide their families with comfort during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete