Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Socialized Medicine, a Personal Experence.

If you would like to know what Socialized health care is in store for the Masses...follow this one:

I'm a disabled Vet. I have spinal cord issues. These started in '92. keep that in mind.

Today I drove from Springfield, Mo. to Fayetteville, Ark. for an evaluation that is taking the Federal Government, are you ready for this? 18 years to deal with, I'm still waiting...

I left Nixa, Mo., drove to Springfield to drop my Daughter at Grannies to stay for the day. (she's two) and then to Ar. I drove 236 miles 'round trip, was paid $96 bucks for travel, and for what? An Examination that took.....15 minutes...this was followed by x-rays (another 15min.) for the umpteenth time to determine the same thing, I'm hurt. This could not be done in Mt. Vernon because, are you ready for this? "They (Mt. Vernon) don't like to do it (disability evaluations) because 'This is not what I was trained to do"...Guess what?? Tough Sh!$ That what you were hired to do. Don't like it? Pack your trash and pay your education bills in the real world.

The V.A. wants Vets. to go to Ark. instead of opening a hospital here in the Springfield, Mo. area, which, by-the-way Ft. Lenard Wood send its' patients to in dire need, to HERE! what bovine scatology is this?!

I stood in line and watched a dispersing clerk, issue, based on what I witnessed, almost $1000.00 in about 8 minutes....for travel...YES! $50K plus per day....ok,ok,ok, lets be 'reasonable' cut it in half. You mean to tell me that we can't build a hospital for the vets of the 7th for the cost of the same?? let alone the time lost in wages, family, hotel, and emotional distress?

This is the vision of a sliver of what it would be like. Thank for nothing, B.O. and all your predecessors that ignored this problem.

1 comment:

  1. I used to live in Japan and I also had time in the hosp. there. I would never wish that treatment on anyone.

    ReplyDelete