Monday, March 15, 2010

Wardell Issues Statement Concerning Allegations Against Employee of Family Business

As today’s tragedy of loss unfolds, my employee David Williams and his fiance have lost their three children, it's evident the bile of human nature still circles the carcass of the fallen.

The report that Mr. David Williams is a sexual predictor is a complete over exaggeration. It saddens me that in this man’s time of loss, so many people are quick to judge him without knowing the facts.

David is on the sex offender list.

I knew that when I hired him as he disclosed this to me at the time of the interview. He was 17 at the time of the offense and I personal looked into the matter. After learning the facts surrounding the case, and discussing it with David, and I was completely and unequivocally confidant that David was not a threat to me, my family or my two-year old daughter. The Authorities are aware that he and Violet were together, engaged, and that there were children in their home. The Authorities were comfortable with the situation.

Davids' past is unfortunate, growing up as a confused teenager in foster care. Before you place judgment on him, you should know his label of 'sex offender' is one of the least offensive judgments. They were a boy and a girl taking it further than they should have, and the system waited until his 18th birthday to charge him as an adult.

David has taken his punishment and has turned his life around. He has a job, a fiance, and her children that he loves and fought to save. He has gone from being two months behind on his rent in a poorly maintained trailer, to a recently renovated home and two cars that get he and his fiance' to work trying to better themselves. The Government does lend assistance but they were working to get off of that, and I am proud to help an American who had made poor choices turn his life around, and I admonish anyone who judges me for giving this Man a chance.

I am not advocating the actions which places this label upon him, it’s a reminder that we must work harder in our community to promote healthy lifestyles with our teenagers. It also is a reminder that people can fix their problems....if given a chance.

Michael J. Wardell
Candidate for Congress.
Nixa, Mo.

1 comment:

  1. Kudos to you Mr. Wardell. This type of thing happens more frequently than it should. Young people do ill advised things. I had a friend in High School who was a Senior when I was a Junior who spent 18 months in jail after "her mother found out" She was 17, to be 18 within months.
    This is why I am in favor of age of consent being based on a sliding scale adjusted for age seperation up to a point. Many states already do this. Two stupid kids who go too far should not be the cause of someone being branded for life with pedophiles and rapists.

    ReplyDelete